The Ultrasonic Leak Detector (ULD) is a hand-held, high quality instrument that can locate costly leaks ina compressed air system. When a leak is present, an audible tone can be heared with the use of the headphones, and the LED dispaly will light. Testing the various unions, pipes, valves and fittings of a complete installation can be done quickly and effectively at distances up to 20' (6.1m) away! Plants that aren't maintained can easily waste up to 30% of the compressor output through leaks that go undetected. Saving the wasted compressed air reduces overall operating costs.
Ulrasonic sound is a range of sound that is above human hearing capacity. Most people can hear frequencies from 20Hz to 20KHZ. Sound from 20 KHZ to 100 Khz can not be heared and is called "Ultrasonic". The model 9061 Ultrasonic Leak Detector converts ultrasonic sound emissions to a range that is audible to people. (The sound generated by the ULD is 32 times lower in frequency than the sound that is received.)
- • Detects any pressurized air leak up to 20 feet (6.1m) away.
- • Converts ultrasound to an audible frequency
- • LED display confirms the leak location
- • Detects leaks in noisy industrial envirnoments
- • Sensitivity controls provide accurate detection
- • Not affected by contaminants or windy conditions
- • Includes accessories to detect leaks in hard to reach areas
- • Rugged carrying case
- • Meets ASTM standard
- • Locates leak in air, steam and non-flammable gas systems including pipes, fittings, valves, cylinders and pressure vessels.
- • Finds the source of bearing and gear wear
- • Locates arcing in an electriical system
- • Detects refrigeration and air conditioing system leaks
- • Locates leaks in brake systems, tubes, tires and radiators
- • Senses crakes in moving rubber v-belts
- •Detects leaks in vacuum systems
- • Checks condition of engine seals